We have the following rogue trader reports that we would be grateful if you could share with friends, family and colleagues:
- Individual reported going door to door in Ipswich, dropping off a leaflet asking to buy collectables, then calling back later. If you are considering selling any items, please get them valued by an independent expert so that you are aware of their true value.
- Individuals calling at properties in Holbrook, Brantham, Ufford and Great Waldringfield, claiming to be "ex-offenders". Do not deal with them and report them to Suffolk Police on 101.
- Cold callers in Trimley trying to change your energy suppler & pressurising for bank details.
- Individuals in a van going door-to-door in Ipswich selling generators.
- Trader reported going door to door in Mildenhall stating work is needed on the resident's roof & offering to repair it.
- There are doorstep callers who target areas offering small household products for sale often at hugely inflated prices and of dubious quality. Sometimes called ‘Nottingham Knockers’ these callers may claim to be ex-offenders attempting to mend their ways, however Nottingham Knockers are not part of any recognised rehabilitation scheme. Do not deal with them and report them to Suffolk Police on 101.
If you are approached at the door by a trader, do not deal with them and instead carry out research on any work you are considering having done, or any product you are considering purchasing.
Please report doorstep callers to Trading Standards via Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 03454 040506.