Bredfield Village Shop
OPENING HOURS: MONDAY – SATURDAY 09.30 – 12.30
Local salad and veg is starting to arrive with the Spring and for Easter week we have handmade Easter gifts, chocolate mini eggs, local chicken - and eggs and delicious hot cross buns made by the local baker.
Orders for these are welcome, available Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday leading up to Easter If you would like to order anything, or have any queries, the shop phone number is 01394 382612
Bredfield Village Shop was one of the earliest community shops and has been going strong for over 25 years. It is now registered as a Community Interest Company and is run entirely by volunteers. If you wish to volunteer please contact Andrea Leyland Our prices are competitive since we have very small overheads. Any profits are put back into the community through donations to local projects and organisations.
It is situated next to the Village Hall with ample parking and the recreation ground behind has a beautiful view over the countryside.
The shop is well-stocked with a wide range of local produce, as well as general groceries, and regular deliveries of fresh food:
MILK - delivery of Marybelle milk and yogurts on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays Marybelle
MEAT - local, high-welfare meat delivered from Clarke's at Bramfield on Wednesdays KW Clarke
VEGETABLES - fresh fruit and veg from Newbourne delivered on Tuesdays, additional fresh produce when possible on Thursdays
CHEESES - variety of East Anglian cheeses as well as the rest of the UK
BREAD - fresh locally-baked bread and rolls from the Bakehouse in Woodbridge, delivered on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays The Bakehouse
EGGS - weekly delivery from Hoxne of gorgeous free-range eggs Havensfield Eggs
Orders can be taken for all of the above.
Also available :
- Preserves - Jams, jellies, marmalade and chutneys, homemade in Bredfield
- Local honey - made in Bredfield
- Rapeseed oil from Halesworth Hillfarm Oils
- Organic produce, including nuts, cereals, pulses, bread-making flour, etc.
- A full Ecover range of cleaning products and Fairtrade items
- Greek olives and chilli jams and sauces from The Greek Olive Company
- Photocopier and laminator
- Teas, coffees, hot chocolate and cold drinks served inside or out